Saturday, October 21, 2006

Arrived in Dungiven

We have had a rough time finding internet access so we missed Thursday and Friday. Thursday we were headed to Dublin and there was no internet at the B & B and evrything else was closed and Friday when we arrived in Dungiven our cousins Janets internet didn't work so we are at the Dungiven Library. We did get to go see the Reverand Hull on Thursday. I first walked there but walked almost and hour and when I got to his address I had picked up the wrong piece of paper and I didn't have his exact address and by time I returned he had left but he did leave his 4 generattions of genealogy and I visited him a couple of hours later and he agreed to do the DNA test. He was very kind and I got a picture of he and his wife. I returned to the Proni and we got the 7 maps we had found and they had put them on a CD so we will be able to upload them later. The next morning after our drive to Dublin from Belfast we picked up Kristin and Dean and first we went to the New Grange an ancient site near Dublin. I will upload pictures later. The site was beleived to be a worship site dated about 3200 BC. Adam could have been alive then. It is really cool. Then we drove over to Dungiven taking about 5 hours to do so and we arrived at about five and went in to see the Dungiven castle and then droves 4 miles to Janet's house. We took a quick trip to the Hillfoot Hull farm before dinner because it promises to rain for three days. It was almost dark but each time we go the house caves in a little more. Then we had a great supper with Janet and Wilf-Irish stew without the Irish andTruffle and other good things and we retired early. I must save this blog or loose it so goodby until tonight. Dan

No comments: